Royal Steamline specializes in creating paper goods with a retro, vintage, clockwork, or otherwise curious charm.
Each of our designs tells a unique story, inspired by our love of art, film, novels and relics of eras past. Sea monsters mingle next to robotic ravens, and gentlemen scientists have tea with rockabilly rebels. In our world, anything is possible.
Whether it’s our soft spot for the early days of rock ‘n’ roll or our fascination with the Victorian era, we hope to make invitations that set the perfect tone for weddings around the globe.
- What We Do
- As Seen In...
- How To Order
- Get Shopping!
- Got a Question?
- Gone Green
- A Prettier Package
We realize that planning a wedding is an exciting — and busy — time. Our streamlined process allows you to easily browse, purchase and review your personalized invitation from anywhere at anytime (and quickly move on to the other 101 things on your to-do list!). The little things are important to us and that's why we oversee every step of the process from start to finish. Nothing related to the personalization of your invitations is automated, assembly-lined or otherwise controlled by robots. We work hand-in-hand with an award-winning print house to produce your stationery on a range of luxurious papers.
• We offer more than 100 original vintage, modern, steampunk, retro and gothic designs — and we're adding more all the time.
• Our à la carte invitation sets let you build the invitation suite that matches your style and budget.
• Paper counts! Choose from an assortment of high-quality papers and a rainbow of thick, luxurious envelopes.
• We lay out your invitations by hand to ensure that your personalized wording looks spectacular.
• The crew includes professional writers and editors to answer any questions or offer suggestions for wedding wording conundrums.
• We oversee every press check at our local print house to ensure color accuracy and print quality.
Ordering our readymade invitations and save-the-date cards is easy!
And we handle all the details from there. After you approve your proof, your personalized design goes to print. It is then trimmed, finished and carefully packed with love for worldwide delivery.
Step right into the Shoppe to browse our full catalog of vintage, steampunk, retro and gothic inspired designs. Decisions, decisions...
We put together a list of the most common questions to help you find answers fast. For a more detailed description of the ordering process, turnaround times and other handy information about our designs, head over to our FAQ section.
As much as we love paper, we also love trees (that's one of the reasons we chose Portland as our homebase!) and take our green practices rather seriously. Our studio participates in renewable energy and biogas programs (via Portland General Electric and NW Natural, respectively) that help to reduce and offset our footprint.
Some other fine points on our day-to-day efforts to stay lean and green:
• Our design studio is carbon neutral
• We print at a local print house that is FSC certified, runs on 100% renewable wind power
• We print on FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) certified paper
• All paper is recycled, made with a minimum of 30% post consumer fiber (several are even Chlorine Free papers made with 100% post consumer recycled fiber)
• Papers are made Carbon Neutral Plus, a commitment to reduce carbon emissions, plus conserve natural resources and wildlife habitats
• We pack all orders with natural and recycled materials whenever possible (and encourage you to re-use or recycle when you receive them)
• We participate in the citywide composting and recycling program to greatly reduce our "trash"
• We grow our own veggies! Heirloom tomatoes are almost currency around here!
We pine for the days when packages were wrapped with such precision and care that they were gifts in themselves. In honor of these days of yore, our packages are carefully hand packed with our special touch for a swift and safe delivery to your doorstep.